Our Service Department has an opening for a UPS Field Service Technician in the Southern California area.
CPT, Inc. has a 31-year presence in the Southern California area servicing power protection equipment in critical operation facilities and data centers. Due to our ongoing growth we are looking to add additional UPS field service technicians.
Primary Job Description:
- 5-10 years of professional experience as a field service technician
- Expert ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU’s, STS, etc.
- Capable of utilizing hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Customer service oriented
- Team player!
- Advanced knowledge of original equipment manufacturers’ (OEM) specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiative and discipline
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications as they relate to the equipment being serviced
- UPS OEM experience
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous military experience and electronics/avionics training a plus
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on power electronics at customers’ sites within the designated geographic area.
- When not performing emergency service the technician will perform preventive maintenance, develop MOP’s, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will participate in regular training sessions held at the company’s headquarters utilizing test equipment to enhance their system level trouble-shooting skills.
- Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment.
- Candidate will participate in the development if Methods of Procedures (MOP)
- Candidate will communicate with client site personnel and keep them apprised of all on site or equipment related issues
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent bonus + incentive pay for total compensation
- Travel expense account
- Company vehicle
- You will be home based!
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and reviewing the opportunity with you. Email your resume in Word to: email@example.com